Fifteenth International Scientific Conference
15-16 June 2018, Sofia
Tourism – Research, Development and Education
International Business School
The Fifteenth International Scientific Conference of the International Business School offers an interdisciplinary platform for school teachers and university faculty, researchers and practitioners in the area of tourism; you can present and discuss the newest tendencies, innovation models, practical challenges and possible solutions in this strategic sector of social and economic development of Bulgaria.
Section I. Tourism
Powerful impact of tourism on the development of the whole social and economic context and the ecological environment of Bulgaria, geopolitical dynamics at regional and global level and the constantly increasing competition at the international tourist market impose fast and adequate changes in all key spheres of development of tourism including fast and adequate changes in tourism policies; staff training by means of teaching based on competences and requiring new models of partnership between tourism industry, education institutions and local authorities; new approaches to planning and spatial organization of tourism aiming to achieve higher sustainability; enhancing effectiveness of using significant finance resources by structural and investment funds of EU; purposeful scientific research of tourism practice focusing on expected outcomes of climatic changes, processes of clustering in tourism and new tendencies in the sector; achieving and sustaining high quality of tourism product by using new technologies together with digital marketing; development of new forms of types of special tourism, etc.
Priority thematic areas:
- Strategies, policies and regional development of tourism
- Education and training of professionals for the tourism sector
- Sustainability of tourism development
- Climatic changes and their impact on tourism
- Management of tourism destinations
- New dimensions of leisure time and recreation
- Product innovations in hotel business, restaurant business and mediation activities
Section II. Management problems in tourism and related activities
Provision of possible management decisions, innovative approaches and business models, implementation of new technologies are of decisive importance for the development and competitiveness of enterprises.
Innovations, hybrid management models, leadership and management of employees are becoming crucial for successful management and survival at the market. New challenges of global, regional and local context raise important problems of diverse nature (finance and accounting, taxation and legal, marketing and human resources) which need different approaches and business decisions. Changes in consumer behavior and needs of society as a whole require different attitude to themes such as cooperative social responsibility, social entrepreneurship, accessibility, etc.
Priority thematic areas:
- Management of human resources, leadership and management of talent
- Financial-Accounting and taxation-legal aspects of management in tourism and related activities
- Information security and data security in tourism
- Social entrepreneurship in tourism
- Digital marketing decisions in tourism
- New approaches, partnerships and business decisions for sustainable development in tourism
- Risk management
Section III, Economic Growth and Development of Tourism
Global geopolitical and economic context, implementation of new technologies and Industry 4.0 lead to dramatic transformations in society, quality of life and respectively in tourism as a priority economic sector.
Tourism contributes to creation of jobs, economic growth and competitiveness of enterprises and is established as a vehicle of diversification of economy sectors and of stimulation of entrepreneurship and economic activeness. Tourism is one of the main engines of overcoming consequences of global economic crisis including unemployment and high levels of public and private debt.
Special attention is to be paid to questions related to innovations, internationalization of small and medium enterprises and cauterization in parallel to processes undergoing of digitalization, technological changes and development of unified digital market.
Priority thematic areas:
- Employment, growth, investments and innovations
- Industry 4.0, unified digital market, digitalization and shared economy
- Internationalization, globalization, cauterization in economics
- Sector policies and sector structure of economy
- Entrepreneurship and competitiveness of enterprises in tourism
- Intelligent specialization
Section IV. Young Scholars
The section is orientated to doctoral students and undergraduates with expressed interests in the area of tourism, economics, administration and management.
Reports must be original works and must not have been presented at other forums or submitted for publication elsewhere.
The conference will take place on 15916 June 2018 at the building of the Distance Learning Center of IBS in Sofia, Vincent Van Gogh Street, 7.
Participants organize themselves their accommodation during the time of the conference.