Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship is an activity closely associated with initiating a new business venture. Its objective is to navigate the journey from the inception of an idea for a new product, service, or market to its actualization and sustainability by applying innovative knowledge. This process holds particular significance as it addresses societal consumer needs and enhances the quality of life by solving related challenges.
Embarking on your business venture involves transforming your passion into a profession and gaining the freedom to be your own boss. It is a path towards personal independence and financial well-being, although it comes with uncertainties and the necessity to embrace risks. Pursuing a “Business Administration and Entrepreneurship” Bachelor program equips you with the essential tools to navigate the intricate circumstances accompanying startup businesses. This training empowers you to unlock your entrepreneurial potential and cultivates the confidence and success necessary in business.
If you possess a creative mindset, if you are proactive and inventive, if you are unafraid of taking risks, and if you have a results-oriented approach and a strong desire to learn how to build something from scratch, then the “Business Administration and Entrepreneurship” program is tailored for you. It will grant you the freedom you seek and pave the way for your triumph in business. Your place in the realm of business success awaits!
Knowledge, skills and competences
The behavior and characteristics of an entrepreneur can be summarized in two words: initiative and a willingness to take risks. The Business Administration and Entrepreneurship program will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to successfully establish and grow a competitive business. You will learn how to apply creative approaches in order to discover innovative ideas that are essential for effective business management and strategic decision-making.
Throughout the program, you will acquire a range of important skills that are crucial for confidently navigating the challenges of entrepreneurship and making strategic management decisions, particularly in high-risk situations. These skills can be categorized as follows:
- Planning, organizing, and controlling activities related to entrepreneurship.
- Developing innovation strategies and projects.
- Formulating rational management decisions.
- Analyzing and evaluating achieved results.
- Applying creative methods to generate innovative ideas.
- Organizing and managing industrial structures and entrepreneurial processes.
- Managing company projects and resources.
- Applying instruments for financing entrepreneurial activities.
- Analytical thinking.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Risk management.
- Conflict management.
- Empathy and teamwork.
By honing these hard and soft skills, you will be well-equipped to thrive in the entrepreneurial landscape, effectively manage risks, and make informed strategic decisions. These abilities will contribute to your success as an entrepreneur and enhance your prospects in the business world.
Guy Kawasaki asserts that being an entrepreneur is more than just a job description; it is a state of mind. Entrepreneurs can encompass both individuals who take initiative and risks to start their own businesses, as well as individuals within a company who challenge the status quo and utilize new knowledge and production technologies to transform innovative ideas into products. The skills acquired in the Business Administration and Entrepreneurship program are applicable across various domains of human activity. You will be able to:
- Be individual entrepreneurs with successful businesses of your own.
- Serve as experts in state institutions, municipalities, and non-governmental organizations.
- Take on multifunctional managerial roles.
- Specialize in the development of innovation policies and projects.
- Lead teams and organizations in both the private and public sectors.
- Become specialists in innovation management and company competitiveness.
- Pursue careers as consultants, teachers, and more.
In the first two years, you will lay the foundations of economic knowledge and begin to speak the language of economics and business.
- Research ethics
- Business communications
- Basics of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Basics of law
- Business statistics
- Human resource management
- Commercial Law
- Organizational behavior
- Philosophy / Business History
In the third and fourth years, you will deepen your skills and develop your potential as an entrepreneur. You will be introduced to important tools for laying the foundations and building a sustainable business. You will develop a business model for a startup company in which you will put into practice everything you have learned so far.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Project management
- Management accounting
- Digital economy
- Social entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- International Business
- Strategic Management
- Business Services Management
- Taxes and tax administration
- Intellectual property rights
- Public Relations
- Decision Modeling and Analysis / Business Planning in Entrepreneurship
- EU Law / Operations Management
- Business project development / Digital business models
If you are considering embarking on the adventure called entrepreneurship, here are a few reasons to do so with us. We succeed together! We help you turn your dreams into reality and share with you the path to your improvement, whether you want to reach the next level and start earning more in your current company, or you dream of preparing to start your own business. IBS is the place that perfectly meets your aspirations and requirements because we offer you:
- Programs tailored to meet the demands of today’s multifunctional business world, fully aligned with industry needs, to enhance your chances of success.
- Personalized attention and an individualized approach ensure your unique needs are met.
- A close-knit community of students, faculty, staff, and business partners, fostering your creativity and nurturing your leadership potential.
- Experienced lecturers with extensive practical knowledge, guiding you through case studies and collaborative projects relevant to your current job responsibilities;
- The opportunity to build a portfolio of projects showcasing your practical application of skills to potential employers;
- Flexible training schedules designed to accommodate your busy lifestyle;
- Financial assistance in the form of student loans, deferred tuition payment options, and scholarships;
- Internationally recognized diplomas and a borderless education experience;
- Access to the Erasmus+ program, providing study abroad opportunities during your academic journey.
Education Format: Full-time and distance learning
Study Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
ECTS credits: 240
The “Business Administration and Entrepreneurship” program meets international standards for training and qualification in business administration and management. We utilize innovative and interactive teaching methods during the learning process, incorporating multimedia presentations, discussions, business-assigned course projects, case studies, and more.
The training culminates with a state exam.
We provide opportunities for the practical application of acquired skills through participation in research projects. With the support of our Career Center, we offer internships in leading business companies, enabling a strong career start and professional development.
Successful graduates of the program receive a higher education diploma with a “Bachelor” degree and a European diploma supplement, valid and recognized worldwide.
Successful graduates can continue their studies in master’s programs in the fields of social sciences, economics, and law. A natural extension and upgrade of your knowledge and skills as an entrepreneur will be offered by our Master’s programs in Finance and Investments and Project Management.
You can find more information about these programs and other options for pursuing a master’s degree HERE.